James G. Dimeas
James G. Dimeas is a Chicago and Schaumburgbased criminal defense lawyer who has spent the past 26 years concentrating his efforts in the practice of criminal law. James Dimeas concentrates his practice on handling criminal cases in Chicago, Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County, and Lake County, Illinois.
James Dimeas is a lifelong resident of the Chicagoarea. James Dimeas is a 1985 graduate of Gordon Tech High School and a 1989 graduate of Loyola University of Chicago, having earned a Bachelor of Science degree. James Dimeas attended the Western Michigan University, Thomas Cooley Law School graduating in 1992 with a law degree. While attending Law School, James Dimeas helped teach Law classes at Lansing Community College in Lansing, Michigan. Upon graduating from law school, James Dimeas took, and passed, the Illinois Bar Exam the same year and was sworn in as an Illinois lawyer in 1992. James Dimeas became a member of the General Bar for the Federal District Court the same year. In addition to the General Bar for the Federal Court in Chicago, James Dimeas is also a member of the Trial Bar for The United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Admission to the Trial Bar for the Northern District Federal Court is reserved for those lawyers that have sufficient trial experience to be allowed to do a trial in Federal Court in Chicago. Application for admission to the Trial Bar is required and will only be approved after it is thoroughly reviewed by a panel of Federal Judges in Chicago. James Dimeas has appeared in Federal Court as far away as Las Vegas Nevada for a Mortgage Fraud Federal criminal case and has appeared in Chicago and Rockford Federal drug cases and in cases involving the Illinois Secretary of State driver’s license scandal, which ultimately ended with the conviction, and the imprisonment of the sitting Governor of Illinois.
James Dimeas is highly experienced in the area of Criminal Law. James Dimeas has handled several highprofile cases that have received media attention. James Dimeas has appeared on local television programs and in local newspapers. James Dimeas has been interviewed for his legal opinion by local and national journalists for written and video published material.
James Dimeas is a published author. In 2012, Thomson Reuters, one of the nation's largest publishers of books for lawyers, invited James Dimeas to help write a book for lawyers to instruct them on how to properly and effectively represent criminal defendants who are being prosecuted for the criminal offense of Identity Theft. Mr. Dimeas's submission was chosen to be Chapter 1 of the book.
- The American Association of Criminal Law Attorneys has recognized James Dimeas as a "Top 10 Best Attorney for Client Satisfaction."
- James Dimeas has been named a "Best DUI Attorney."
- Expertise has recognized James Dimeas as a "Best Criminal Defense Lawyer in Chicago."
- The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys has recognized James Dimeas as a “10 Best Attorney for Client Satisfaction.”
- The American Society of Legal Advocates named James Dimeas a "Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer in the State of Illinois For the Year 2018 and 2019."
- The National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys gave James Dimeas the "Top 10 Attorney Award for the State of Illinois."
- Attorney and Practice Magazine gave James Dimeas the "Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney Award for Illinois."
James Dimeas has been happily married for 19 years and currently lives in the Northwest suburbs of Cook County, within reach of all the courthouses in Chicago, Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County and Lake County.
You can always contact James Dimeas for a free and confidential consultation. You can talk to James Dimeas personally by calling 8478077405.